Friday, August 31, 2007

You Tube

Although once again I'm not quite up to par on the technology side of this, I did enjoy playing with "You Tube". It wasn't as difficult to use as I expected. It provided me with a wide range of topics for videos and the possibility of adding more. I chose the video entitled "Ducklings Day 2" because it brings back memories from my childhood which was spent on Gladstone Alley. I had ducks and frequently saw exactly what you experience in the video. I can certainly see how this could be useful when applied to a library website. The videos make the site more appealing and attractive. Some sites would be made much more pertinent to the topic if, for example, you were listening to political figure comments and wanted to see how the politician portrayed himself as well-sincere or egotistical. These videos bring the technology age that we are in much closer to the individual viewer. The site becomes more interesting and, therefore, more likely to be used by the library patron.

No comments: