Friday, August 31, 2007

Summary

This was a rather strenous journey for me to make, but I must say that it was not without merit. I enjoyed learning about "Library Thing" where I could make a list of books that I would like to read someday. Personally, though, I think that both the Meez and Avatar populations should be made extinct. Those characters look demonic and scary to me. I think that a wiki can be a very useful tool for a group with a common goal or purpose. Mostly, I see a benefit for local communities to pool their resources. Libraries could take advantage of this as well when trying to promote library programs. Using "You Tube" to add a video feature to my blog was fun and I enjoyed the results. I must admit that the most pleasant part of the journey was in finding the Web 2.0 Award Winner sites and learning more about the "Cocktail Builder" section! I'll be going back to that one, especially after finishing this project!! The lifelong learning goals given in this effort were not really foreign to ideas of my own about how to progress in life for my benefit as well as for those with whom I come into contact. It was nice to see that others think the way that I do.
There are many worthwhile ideas covered in this program, but I think some of the participants may have found it hard to complete based on their skill levels. It would be nice if somehow the playing field could have been made more equal. The librarians should have found this exercise far more beneficial than the circulation staff would have. Perhaps it could have been tailored to suit each group's needs.

No comments: