Friday, August 31, 2007

Summary Suggestions

Would it have been possible to provide two (2) levels of exercises to address both the librarian and circulation groups? Perhaps there could have been 23 Things for the librarians, but only 12 Things for circulation staff. Most of the circulation staff will not return to the sites visited in this exercise. Perhaps some of the details could have been reduced for them so they would come away with a more general understanding that might stay with them longer.
If a similiar program were offered by the library in the future, I would be interested in participating because I would like to learn about new things. I must admit, however, that I would be very apprehensive about my ability to complete it on my own. I did need a good bit of help in getting this one done. My computer skills are not as good as they needed to be to get through this exercise.
This program had good intentions, but a lot of the information will not be used again by me. I found value in the sections I had referenced in my "Summary" post and do expect to return again to those sites. There is always something new to be learned and I hope to continue to educate myself in different areas. I would like to do this, though, in subject areas more useful to me. THE END

1 comment:

IrmBrown said...

First of all, congratulations on completing your 23 Things. You did a really nice job on your blog and I thank you so much for your candor.

On my end, I'll just comment that a good number of the things are included to introduce staff to Web 2.0 ... that is, these technologies are happening out on the web for the general population. I know it was tough for some folks, but I can remember when it was tough for people to use a mouse on a computer... the transitions just keep on coming, don't they?

Anyway, thanks for hanging in there.